Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Meet the Dancers- Lina Kent

Hello Blogging World!


I've always wanted to join the blogging community but have been a bit hesitant to do so. However, Mrs. Sarah Badger has given me the confidence as well as the inspiration to finally post something. What better introduction into the realm of literary internet (Hey Badger, does "literary internet" even resemble something grammatically correct?), and what better way to begin than with a "Meet the Dancers" questionnaire?


Readers be warned, as I am tired from an incredible day of teaching and rehearsal with my fellow "In-Sighter's", the answers to these questions may be uncomfortably truthful and lengthy. I tend to ramble when I'm deprived of sleep...






1) When did you start dancing with In-Sight?
- January of 2009
2) Where are you from?
- New York, NY, wassup Upper West Side

3) Do you remember your first dance class?
- I don't remember my first dance class, only a specific class from my first year. One of the other little girls was laughing at me because she could see my Barbie underwear from underneath my pink leotard. That meanie. 



4) What's the most played song on your iPod?
- "Man Eater" by Nelly Furtado



5). Favorite food?
- Total toss up between penne a la vodka or cucumber and avocado sushi rolls (with extra spicy mayo on the side please).


7). What's your coffee order?
- Triple Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte

8) What do you like to do on your day off?

- THOSE EXIST?

9) Favorite non-dance workout? 

- A run in the park by my house.

10). Favorite piece of dance wear?

- I must always be in close proximity to a leg warmer. My In-Sight family would probably disagree, because I always leave them in the studio or theater.

11) Share your most embarrassing on-stage moment:

I blacked out during a pas de deux during Nutcracker. Literally blacked out. I was a flower, and I forgot where I was, who I was, and watched the other flower pass in front of me with a look of horror. I then preceded to run off into the wing after being frozen for sixteen counts... Terrifying. 


12) Favorite role you've ever performed:
- My most favorite is also my most recent. Being a specter in an "Extraordinary Echo" has to be the most fun character to explore and play... Ever...


13: What do you like to do on your day off?
- Watch television. Like, reeeeeeeally trashy, melt your brain, reality television. For hours.
14) If you weren't a dancer, what would you be?
- I have no idea, I was always sure that dancing is what I was born to do (oh blah blah, corny I know, but true nonetheless). 
15). Who are your dance role models?
- Maria Kowrowski, she's the best :)


16) Any favorite charities or service organizations you're passionate about?
- Diabetic Rockstar
Bonus Fun Fact: (something most people may not know about you)
- I have an extreme phobia of clowns, the fear is crippling. I can't even look at Krusty the Klown or Ronald McDonald without shivering.  

No comments:

Post a Comment