Thursday, October 7, 2010

Opening Night: Pre-Show Rituals

After a productive and exhausting week of dress rehearsals, An Extraordinary Echo opens tonight at the Secret Theater. Adding to the excitement of the day, Queens Chronicle printed a feature about In-Sight Dance Company and a little review of one of our open rehearsals.

Most performers have some kind of pre-performance ritual, whether it's warming up a certain way or listening to certain tunes. In the spirit of opening night, here's a little peek at how some of In-Sight's dancers get ready for a show:






"I don't really have [a ritual], but I do lots of Pilates, down dog (a yoga position), and listen to my favorite songs." 
       -Allie Lochary









"I do crunches and push-ups, all while listening to hip hop as loud as I can blast it." 
 -Lina Kent







"I like to do a thorough ballet barre, then find a quiet place backstage to focus and pray." 
    -Sarah Badger







Will we see you this weekend? Advance tickets are still available online-- get yours before they sell out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment